Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Week of Wings

Update on autumn beer quest - its still ongoing and there will be an update soon.

So after talking to one of the partners in my office about where the best wings are, I decided to try and figure this out myself.  Thus emerged....the week of wings...  (I still have a couple more days, but I figure that I might as well document my current findings, plus to be frank I am not sure if my stomach can handle all that many more days of wings.)


Sunday was Kickback Jack's.
Home

Football, beer and wings....these are some of my favorite things.  I am slowly trying to convince my friend, (whose name I will omit since I do not have her permission to publish, but rhymes with Mandy), that she loves football and should watch it more.  Given the fact that she thought a field goal was worth 2 points, its a work in progress.  However, the wings here were delicious.
We got the regular buffalo wings and the habenero bbq.  These wings were nice and crispy with a delicious sauce.  The buffalo sauce had a nice hot kick without being too overwhelming.  There was a good amount of celery.  My one complaint is that they did not provide enough of the ranch/ blue cheese and we had to request more.  Overall I would say 8.5.

Monday - Fishers

I picked these up on my way home from work because apparently my friend thinks a date is more important than finding out where the best wings are...her priorities are a little odd....or mine are, one of the two.  However, she did not miss out on much.  These wings were the best deal, but that was about the only good thing about them.  The buffalo sauce was....weird.  It was not buffalo sauce but some odd mix of bbq and buffalo sauce with some vinegar mixed in.  Not a fan.  Plus there was no celery.  I will say that they provide plenty of ranch and the wings were the perfect crispiness.
Overall - 4

Tuesday - East Coast Wings

One of my problems with this place was that there were too many options.  I am an indecisive person and do not like being overwhelmed with choices.  Eventually we (since I had my co-pilot back with me) decided on regular buffalo medium, polynesian medium and bourbon street medium.  The wings overall were good, my favorite being the polynesian.  They also had both celery and carrots - I like the carrots and plenty of dipping sauce.  The reason that these did not rank higher was the lack of heat.  I probably should have gotten them hot, but there was not the kick that I wanted.  Overall 8.

Wednesday - Pour House
No website available

We went for lunch for this one.  It was particularly amusing to see the looks on people's faces to see two young women eating wings for lunch in business wear.  I recommend that everyone do this.  These wings were also tasty.  We got the buffalo medium, habanero honey mustard and teriyaki.  The habanero honey mustard were the biggest surprise, being quite tasty.  My gripe is that they only had the baby carrots and not celery or carrot sticks.  These were also a little bit fatter than kickback jacks or east coast wings.  Overall 7.5  

No comments:

Post a Comment