Search This Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Old No. 38 Stout

I understand that it is summer, but lately I have been on a stout/ porter kick.  Part of this might be because although I moved to the South where it is actually a lot warmer than the North (and yes you can but a duh here), I tend to be cold way more often.  I am pretty sure this is because in the South they over air condition EVERYWHERE.  So basically this is my basic day if I do not work out....go from air conditioned house, walk to car, turn on AC, drive to work, go to waaay over ACed work, possibly go out to some freezing cold place for lunch and then head home.  Mind you the minute walks consist of me sweating like no other because I have on a sweater to survive the office.  Now since I am pretty sure anyone reading this is saying, why do I care about your temperature...onto the beer.

Old No. 38 Stout gets a B+ in my book.  It is made by the North Cost Brewing Co. and according to the bottle was named for a retired steam engine on the California Western Railroad Redwood route.

This beer is very smooth, it initially tastes quite sweet, with notes of caramel but finishes with the taste of coffee.  These is a little bit of a metallic taste to it, which prevents it from getting an A-, or becoming a regular part of my fridge.

It was a good beer to have while watching football (yay its back), especially because I won all of my bets with my friend tonight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment