Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Peach-Basil Sangria

I got half a bushel of peaches.  I am making numerous things with this bushel - I used about half tonight (more posts will come).  But to start out with - the inspiration for some of the recipes...

Peach Basil Sangria


Ingredients
White wine - the cheaper or bad tasting is good
sugar
peaches
basil
99 peaches (the liquor)
Light Rum

This sangria is inspired by one Josh made for some holiday that celebrates America (Memorial, July 4th or Labor Day) when my sister had a cookout.  It was amazing.

I was particularly happy about this because I had opened a white wine the other day and hated it, I hate to throw out any sort of alcohol, therefore I was happy to have an excuse.  Mix the white wine with some sugar, add 99 Peaches and Rum to taste.

Then cut up the peaches into slices and pick the leaves off of the basil and add it to the drink and voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment